This is Storm!

A writer, a mother, a self-admitted shopaholic.
I'm just trying to live a life I'm proud of!
Aren't we all?
Check out my secondary blog for short stories and clips about health, beauty, and parenting!



Friday, January 9, 2015

A Word on "Mean Girls".


Before I begin this post, please let me tell you that there are not enough posts to be blogged in the world, not enough novels to be written, not enough mother/daughter talks to be had . . . before the topic of Mean Girls is ever fully covered.
Please mothers, I do not mean to frighten you! My intention is not to keep you up at night, worrying away about your little girl going to that big, awful middle school all on her own and I don't want to give you nightmares! School for a teenage girl is rough and tumble, but it will build her into a strong, independent, confident young woman if she goes about doing it right and can keep her head held high!
First thing you should know about girls:
They will hate you.
But they don't know me!
Doesn't matter. They hate you.
But I'm nice to everyone!
They hate you.
I never gossip or talk bad about anyone!
They hate you!
I don't even hang out with girls! All my friends are guys!
Well now they think you have questionable standards - if any at all. And Heaven forbid you're friends with a guy they happen to be crushing on that week! What a valid reason to
hate you!
I have composed a list of ways to avoid hate and jealousy from other girls that is 100% effective. Abide by these few small rules and you'll lay low under the radar!
1. It doesn't matter what you're saying, good or bad, do NOT utter another girl's name between your pretty pink lips if she isn't your BFF.
2. You cannot date ANYONE'S ex boyfriend. Look on the bright side! That leaves you with 1/10000 guys on this planet!
3. Don't speak to girls you don't know.
4. Don't speak to guys you don't know.
5. Actually don't speak to guys.
6. In fact, don't speak at all!
7. Don't wear cute/ expensive/ dull/ flashy/ unique clothing. Avoid wearing the colors red, pink, yellow, blue, purple, green, orange, black, white, and periwinkle.
8. Don't look at anyone.
9. Don't sneeze.

Got it? Girls are gonna hate! There is absolutely no way to avoid it. NO! Stop thinking there IS because there just isn't! Ever! Never ever ever never! BUT. There is a secret. Ready?
None of it will matter. You are You. Who ever you are, what ever person you may be, you are going to find people a lot like you. You'll find real friends that will always stand by your side and always have your back. An absolute MUST on a girl’s journey through high school is finding the honest, loyal friends that you'll grow to love like sisters.` After high school, you'll still have those people and all the vicious arguments and shouting matches you've had with girls, the ones that really made you cry, will seem silly and very far away. My strong advice to you that I strongly advise you take, is to be yourself no matter what! If you want to wear periwinkle, you better gosh darn wear that periwinkle better than anyone has ever worn periwinkle before! You talk to whoever you want to! Another absolute must is to know what kind of girl you want to be, and be that girl! Confidence in yourself is intimidating to ANY Mean Girl!
An experience I had in eighth grade involved a boy, a pack of blood thirsty girls, and a lot of crying. Long story short: I liked
Him, She liked Him, and that meant She hated me. The whole experience at the time was disgusting and depressing, but the whole experience NOW – years later – is positively insignificant. All those times that I was yelled at by a Mean Girl Leader and her followers mean nothing to me. They were but wasted words, as I cannot for the life of me remember anything they shouted. That specific 8th grade event is blurry with one memory that I find quite funny. I can remember their faces, so close to mine as they cussed me out. They looked like raging, cruel tomatoes. It makes me laugh, the way their skin reddened to the shade of a swollen red produce when they argued and how after all this time, that is the only detail I can recall from an experience that sent me home in tears.
Bullies. Mean Girls. That's all they were. They seek the adrenaline and thrill that comes with confrontation and the misplaced power they find in making others feel low. Every girl will more than likely experience at least one Mean Girl Pack Attack. Stay strong, stand up for yourself, find friends that will stick by your side, but always remember these times will pass. They WILL pass and you will be looking back on the moment, shaking your head at the way those girls resembled rotten produce inside and out.

Sincerely,

Storm.






No comments:

Post a Comment