This is Storm!

A writer, a mother, a self-admitted shopaholic.
I'm just trying to live a life I'm proud of!
Aren't we all?
Check out my secondary blog for short stories and clips about health, beauty, and parenting!



Friday, January 9, 2015

Mean Girls Continued: To Tame a Girl Pack.


One thing you need to know is that a group of Mean Girls resembles wild wolves in more ways than one: They are vicious, they travel in packs, and they can smell fear. These traits are dangerous yes, but just like any other pack of mutts, Mean Girls can be tamed.

The Pack Mentality:

Yes. Mean Girls are vicious, but only because they feed off of the support from the rest of their pack. If she stands alone she knows her victim is equally qualified to defend herself and perhaps even strike back! VERY rarely will a Mean Girl attack when she is alone. A Lone Mean Girl is as rare as a unicorn, as far as I'm concerned. If you do find a lone girl, you’ll probably notice she is not a mean one. If she is secure enough with herself to stand on her own, then you can bet she’s secure enough with herself without needing to attack others.

It’s more than normal to have a pack mentality as a young girl. If you’re a lone wolf, then that’s great! If you're not, then find your pack. Mean Girls aren’t the only ones that need some moral support.

Every pack has a pack leader. There is always one girl that influences the decisions of her minions, whether it is for good . . . or for evil! If you can, try not to anger the pack leader; that mistake will set off the entire pack. If you run into a situation where trouble is just plain unavoidable, then show them who's the alpha. YOU.



Your Fear is Smelly:

Just because you feel like everyone is against you does not mean you put your tail between your legs and cower down each time they growl at you. That has to be the biggest mistake I've seen girls make. As I said above, a pack of Mean Girls can sense fear. That is absolutely not a joke.

I have witnessed, experienced, and heard of numerous pack fights. (When I say fights, I mean the yelling at each other and spreading rumors kind of fights. Not fist fights!) Let me tell you something about these explosions of estrogen; every fight where the victim has tried to apologize, tried to get back on the Mean Girl's good side, avoided the pack at school, or attempted to be kind to the pack, has never ended well for the poor girl. MEAN GIRLS CAN SMELL FEAR! I cannot say it enough, people! They feed off of it. They enjoy the adrenaline that comes with fighting and if it is an easy fight where their actions can only continue to escalate with no consequences, things get ugly.

Victims of Mean Girl attacks can be emotionally scarred and more often than not they will walk away with a scorched reputation from lies and rumors. Do not let them push you around. Don't let them smell your fear. Bullying must be nipped in the bud before it grows even the tiniest bit. It is okay to defend yourself and your friends. Standing up to Mean Girls is 99.9% effective.

I am not suggesting you sniff out the Mean Girls in school and bring them to their knees before they ever knew your name. Absolutely not. We all remember the wisdom of the Karate Kid Master, don’t we? “I train to fight, so that I don’t have to fight.”

 
The Art Of Girl Taming:

When you emit the glow of confidence in yourself and your ability to hold your own, others can feel it. That glow will be your weapon on the battlefield of hormones and puberty. (cringe) The girls that carry themselves with the sparkle of self-assurance are treated differently by everyone, especially by Mean Girls. The hungry pack might test her glow to see how much they can get away with, but they never get very far before backing down. Love who you are. Don't be scared to be yourself!

In learning to tame a Girl Pack, you must understand the single difference between a pack of Mean Girls and a pack of wolves. You see, unlike wolves, girls are all bark and no bite. This is good news for you! Throughout my 9-12 grade schooling I’ve seen several actual fist fights, only one of them involving girls. Mean Girls will circle, snap, growl, bark, show their teeth, but the chances of one physically attacking you are a million to one! I have been threatened multiple times, especially when I was in my first year of middle school and had little to no experience on the battlefield. Girls have threatened to beat me up, steal my boyfriend, and one girl even threatened to kill me after school. Kill me! (She was a real psychopath.) My point being, I have never been in a real fight. Why?

Bullying is a sport and the athletes love a giant audience of spectators who will “Ooooh” and “Ahhhh” their performance. If ever their opponent were to beat them by using skills they do not have, such as fighting skills, they would be humiliated! Their whole reputation that they screamed at so many girls to build will come crumbling down! They would never dirty their hands with some real effort to take that risk. In my first year of middle school and after the first few bad experiences, I had been terrified and I had asked my father to begin teaching me his best skill set: MMA. Mixed martial arts. I learned enough to defend myself if ever necessary and I took comfort in the fact that I could handle a violent situation if it ever presented itself. Like any victim, I was worried that I was going to be assaulted every day after school, but I just didn't understand that girls were all bark. No bite. Mean Girls are not ninjas, or assassins, or pro-wrestlers. Don't let them fool you. After I realized this, I found it odd how scared some girls could be of the Mean Girl pack. They’re not going to assault you! I promise my readers that girls are all talk! How can I promise such a thing? I've tested the theory.

As my encounters with Girl Packs increased over the years and I found myself in high school, I realized I had survived every attack without so much as a yank on my hair. At that point I was used to girls and their malicious tendencies and I had acquired the glow I mentioned above, thanks to my dad's self defense lessons. Now, having been a veteran on the battlefield and a strong survivor, I may have gotten a little too confident with my glow. I wont lie to you, I wielded my new found confidence by testing the bravery of some Pack Leaders. I'm not exactly proud of it, but I have pushed Mean Girls to the absolute end of their fuse, prepared to start throwing fists, and all they ever did was scream till they could no longer form coherent sentences. Why be so afraid of a little bark? There is no reason to truly fear Mean Girls, I guarantee it. And if you do get physically attacked, I will give you your money back.

So! Mean Girls and wolf packs! What have we learned? They are vicious in packs, they can smell fear, and their bark is worse than their bite. If you ever find yourself facing down a few bloodthirsty girls, always, always, always remember that just like any other pack of dumb mutts, they can be tamed.


Sincerely,

Storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment