This is Storm!

A writer, a mother, a self-admitted shopaholic.
I'm just trying to live a life I'm proud of!
Aren't we all?
Check out my secondary blog for short stories and clips about health, beauty, and parenting!



Monday, February 2, 2015

February's New Month Resolution: Paving the Road to Health!


As my New Month Resolution for the month of February, I've chosen to recover my health by sticking to a weekly, progressive schedule!
Some people are fortunate enough to make a lifestyle change over night. There are a lucky few blessed with a great amount of dedication and will power, but if you have a hard time switching from not-so-healthy to ultra health beast, then I hope this approach will be affective for you! Follow along with me as I recover my healthy habits in 28 days and let me know how it works for you!
I've made a list of my three necessary health improvements and separated them into a progressive weekly schedule. I've also added smaller goals through out the weeks. Of course, your focal points may differ, so feel free to switch out whatever you need to accommodate your overall objective. That last one labeled Perfection is all of my improvements combined in the last week. The goal here is to build my discipline at a realistic pace that works for me, resulting in a habitual healthy lifestyle that will be easy to maintain.
  • Less soda, more water.
    I am a soda junkie, drinking about 2 a day with almost no water. Not only does soda make me feel bloated and tired, but it's a pretty big contribution to cellulite.
  • Eating right.
    It's important to ingest 6 small meals a day and cover as many food groups as possible. For more information on the six meal method and how it affects the body, click here
  • Exercise.
    I used to be a total gym rat with the toned booty and the flat stomach. Now, I'm so out of shape that just running up the stairs to the kitchen leaves me winded. Sad, I know. It's okay though, because I'm going to get it back!
  • Perfection!
    This is the final week to combine all of my goals into a solid, healthy routine that will be easier to maintain as I roll into the coming months. I mean . . . I hope I'm not rolling. Correction: as I jog into the coming months.


My schedule is listed below. As you can see, I've left some spaces blank for me to fill in as I go, but in most cases, I've decided to stick to a set schedule to make things easier on my will power. Your schedule may have more to it or it may move at a faster pace. Like I said, personalize it to accommodate your situation and objective. My sister took one look at the schedule and said quite witheringly, “Why don't you just start all of this at once?” Yeah. She's one of those lucky few.
I'll keep my readers posted on the progress of the weekly goals, and I hope you'll join in and let me know if you find this effective! Wish me luck!


ChallengesMonTuesWedThursFriSatSun








Week 1: Water V.S. Soda






8 cups of water per day8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water
4 sodas a week1 sodano soda1 sodano soda1 soda1 sodano soda
8 hours of sleep 3 nights






6 small meals 3 days
6 small meals6 small meals
6 small meals

Exercise 2 times a week


Exercise for 1 hour
Exercise for 1 hour








Week 2: Eating Right






6 small meals a day6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals
Each basic food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food group
8 cups of water per day8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water
3 sodas a week1 sodano sodano sodano soda1 soda1 sodano soda
Eat out only twice a week






8 hours of sleep 3 nights






Exercise 3 times a week
Exercise for 1 hour
Exercise for 1 hour
Exercise for 1 hour








Week 3: Exercise






Exercise 4 times a week Exercise for 1 hour
Exercise for 1 hour
Exercise for 1 hour
Exercise for 1 hour
8 cups of water per day8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water
3 sodas a week1 sodano sodano sodano sodano soda1 soda1 soda
8 hours of sleep 4 nights






6 small meals a day6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals
Each basic food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food group
Eat out only twice a week














Week 4: Perfection






Exercise 4-5 times a week Exercise for 1 hour
Exercise for 1 hour
Exercise for 1 hour
Exercise for 1 hour
8 cups of water per day8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water8 cups of water
2 sodas a week1 sodano sodano sodano sodano soda1 soda1 soda
8 hours of sleep 5 nights






6 small meals a day6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals6 small meals
Each basic food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food groupEat every food group
Eat out only twice a week














No comments:

Post a Comment